Hello darlings! As summer gets closer and closer, instead of thinking about those warm, relaxing days, I mostly think about the horrible exams I am about to take. Nevertheless, I couldn't neglet you, my lovely readers, so I prepared a short "summer shopping list" with all the items I personally recommend you to buy for your summer easy, breezy and beautiful wardrobe. Beneath each inspiration photo, you can find links with similar, more affordable products that I gathered for you from my favourite online shopping sites ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER )!
So let's start this exciting list, shall we!
1. The Armani futuristic platform sandals are definitely one of my favourite inspiration items for this summer and although I thought it's quite difficult to find something similar at a more accessible price I came across some really cute plastic platforms at Steve Madden , Jeffrey Campbell and ASOS !
2. Next stop, this revolutionary hippie print meets the silky pants and explodes into a super trend for this summer! I am not a fan of the original tie-dye colourful print, but I find the colours of this one really stylish and modern so this item had to be on my list! Topshop offers a really nice pair at a really good price and if you are also a fan of the "scarf print" trend, here are two pairs of shorts to complete your summer collection, offered by Topshop and Romwe !
3. Personally this pick has to be my favourite one in terms of the design & functionality combo. I mean, there is nothing more comfortable yet chick than the colourful rubber flats that thanks to Chloe made it to our sartorial wishlist ! Luckily, if you cannot afford them, there is a large range of brands that offer these cuties among which, Michael Kors , Lacoste at ASOS , Miss KG Madison at ASOS , River Island at ASOS . I can only say...YUMMY!
4. I will always be a devoted addict to reptile skin, and now that it is allowed to wear it on everything and in every colour and texture misture I am the happiest girl alive! Chloe hits it again with this luxurious mini bag design that keeps me completely mesmerized from the first time I saw it. In order not to go bankrupt to have this divine item, you can try out some more accessible designs at ASOS , DKNY , Calvin Klein , Michael Kors (heart) , Vince Camuto (crush) and again Vince Camuto !
5. Of course the LWD aka Little White Dress couldn't possibly skip this list, and anyway, you probably have a dozen of these already, but still I had to share with you some new designs I personally love! The sexy LWD at Topshop can be found here , the lace LWD as seen at Haute Hippie is available also at Free People and Nasty Gal ( with a sexier design) . If you are in search for a more formal LWD, Topshop comes with the solution. A fit design can be found ones again at Nasty Gal and if you want to borrow the Diane Von Furstenberg LWD style, my personal cheating advice would be to use the largest white shirt you can find, even a masculine one and style it up with a statement jewellry piece or with a slim waist belt. And here you have the ultimate white summer look!
6. Almost halfway through my shopping list gloriously makes it the already famous Mary Katrantzou print which is my ultimate fascination. Are you ready to get your perfect summer dress in this amazing floral print? The original design is worth around 1000 euros but Modcloth definitely heard my prairs!
7. Ok so this stop is one glamurous MUST-HAVE for any fashionista! And the best part about it is that you don't have to dress fancy in order to wear it. It goes even better with a white T and a pair of jeans..and now QUIZ TIME: Can you find the odd piece (in terms of price) in this collage ? Find the answer at Romwe (it's a bargain!!) . Also for those of you who wish for a personalized statement necklace, you can find my DIY one in my previous post. More affordable designs at Romwe!
8. At no. seven comes the "peplum fever" and because we talk summer, let it be white! Givenchy offers a quirky and fancy design, but I personally don't mind at all the Topshop design which allows you to wear one of those statement necklaces I was previously telling you about!
9. And here we are at the "shortest" stop from my list..the boxing shorts as seen at Phillip Lim . Of course Topshop comes again with the two perfect solutions , and I am telling you, these are your best friends this summer ! Say goodbye to those overrated short jeans!
10. This has to be another fave for me, as I am also a gold addict..,thank God the golden glam trend is in the sporlight again, and now that it got a retro vibe it's even better! I prepared for you a generous collection of golden party dresses! Ready, set, gold! TFNC (unfortunately it is sold out, but you can "Lyst" it and you'll be notified the moment it gets back in stock! ) , TFNC once more, Topshop , Topshop again (bargain alert !!! ) , Way-In .
11. The midi skirt shouldn't be ignored even during summer! Luckily for everybody there is a wide range of possibilities to choose from in terms of shape, prints and textures. Either way, the styling possibilities are unlimited! So if you want to get the retro Dolce look, ASOS has the solution for you ; the metallic midi skirt can be found also at ModCloth or Topshop (crush!!) and finally, the kaleidoscope pencil skirt as seen at Givenchy is redesigned once more by ASOS and ASOS and again..ASOS .
12. Thanks to D&G I have another retro crush on my wishlist- the floral handbag !! Unfortunately, none of the designs I found managed to reinterpret this heart-melting item but I can still name two labels that offer similar products: Paul's Boutiqe at ASOS , Cath Kidston . So now it's your turn to help me with a link if you find something similar to this gorgeous accessory!
13. There is a real fuss going on around the tropical wide flare pants, but I have to confess, as much a s I love the design of the silky wide trousers, I find the colourful print added, quite too much..Nonetheless, when you say "cropped pants" and you add a subtle digital print as seen at Prabal Gurung things take a different turn..at least for me. This is class! ASOS managed to incorporate this trend into their collections here and Topshop here (biggest crush!! )
14. Time to bare it again with the " cropped top" trend! What better way to show off your toned abs than by wearing a chic & short blouse with a white midi skirt? Topshop has the two perfect designs and also Miss Selfridge!
15. There was no way I wouldn't include these cuties into my list! The Prada sunnies literally revolutionized the summer accessories trend! I wouldn't normally recommend you to try a low-budget design similar with the original, as it might be bad for your eyes, but I just can't help it this time. And there is no apparent difference between the original and the Romwe ones, except for the price surely..just make sure to regularly take them off!.. Otherwise, always choose an UV protective pair of shades!
16. Another white item on the list are the shorts again..not jeans of course, but the classic tailored ones perfect for any occasion ! Find a perfect pair at Romwe !
17. And finally, the item that we can't ignore this summer- the swimsuit, the one-piece but most importantly, the retro one! Dolce really brought old-school sexy back this season but there's no need to sigh, as many retailers offer similar designs at really friendly prices among which Ted Baker , ASOS , ASOS and Miss Selfridge ( get one more, a two-piece maybe, and the shipping is free of charge!) !
So this is it! I hope the tips I tried to give you will help you complete your summer wardrobe and if you have any other useful links, I hope you'll share them with me also!
Now we can let the countdown begin: retro, prints, classy SUMMER !
P.S. Three days left before I close the GIVEAWAY!