As you might have noticed on my Instagram, I have been travelling quite a lot lately, taking a road trip from Amsterdam to my home town in Romania, while stopping in three major European destinations: Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
Today I am going to tell you about my experience in Prague, the medieval city that stole my heart in only three days. Prague has been by far the most picturesque place I have ever visited, which is why I decided to share with you my top 5 special & romantic ways to enjoy it:
1. Go for a walk on the Petrin Hill to get an outstanding view over Prague. The journey will also be filled with lots of apple and pear trees ( in the summertime ) so you can recharge your batteries on the go. You can also take a direct funicular to the top but you will miss out on the cardio.
2. Try a vegan restaurant! To my surprise I found Prague to be quite a health-focused city. Vegan spots pop out at every street corner but one restaurant that I dearly recommend is LoVeg, located on Nerudová street, very close to Pražský Hrad (Prague Castle).
3. Walk around the streets near the Castle and explore the entire left bank of river Vltava until you reach Charles Bridge, the iconic 14th century structure. Obviously quite crammed with tourists, but you should definitely not miss this romantic spot.
4. Move over to the right bank of the river and walk your way to the Old Town Square to enjoy all its architectural beauties ( + the medieval Astronomical Clock ) . I would also recommend stepping outside the centre towards the Národní museum. Make sure you get there around sunset so you get the ultimate golden light over the impressive building.
5. Enjoy another magic sunset moment in Střelecký Ostrov ( Shooter’s Island ) , a small park/island in the heart of the city under Most Legií ( the Legion Bridge ) with an impressive colourful view of the city’s exquisite buildings. I absolutely loved this magic place which ended my 3 days trip to Prague in the most unforgettable way.
1 1. Book an apartment on Airbnb ! I tried for the first time this type of accommodation in Prague and I honestly had a flawless experience. I was lucky enough to meet a young family that allowed me and my parents to take over their apartment for three days, making us feel like home. If you want to live in Prague as a local, and enjoy absolute comfort and coziness, book your stay HERE.
. 2. Take a trip to Karlštejn Castle! Located around 30 km away from Prague, this Gothic castle/fortress built in the 14th century by Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor and King of Bohemia, is one of the most important sights in Czech Republic. It is also one of the country's most treasures historical places. If you travel to Prague by car, this extra trip is definitely one you should try!
a These have been my top 5 ways to enjoy Prague and have a memorable experience. Have you ever visited this beautiful capital? Let me know if you have any other recommendations that would make any tourist experience extra special + tweet & share this article with your friends if you know they would like to discover a unique European destination this summer.